Version 5 uses J/script and "parent" data+fn().
The data is imported in strings as a continuous list of
function-arguments ("aa,ab,ac,ad", "ba,bb,bc,bd" etc) contained within
one separate data source-file ("jsdata.js") called by
produces the frameset displaying a navigation-file with links to other
subfiles ("sh-j-b.htm" etc. containing smaller functions
for displaying results).
- The data-&-main-function is loaded once only.
- The resulting array stores single-letter data ("B","E" etc. in
"cl" field) and converted category-labels ("Brakes" etc in "cat"
the highlighting of categories and quoted items).
- The first data-item (eg. "4") is an easily-changeable
argument telling the function how many substrings to divide each string
into, and the total of all data-items (strings and substrings) need
not be known in advance,
being identified by two function.argument.length calls.
- Data-list cannot exceed 256 strings (nor 256 substrings
per string) without causing a system-failure (due to the limits of
To exceed 256 the data must be split into sections, each section
being placed within calls to fn(1st list), fn(2nd list) etc.
- The function divides strings at every comma within, so any
extraneous commas included in mid-descriptions will cause displaced data.