The MALE Family Gatherings

Barrington - Kingsbury Episcopi - Martock
Local Map (1930)

A detail from a 1930 map shows Kingsbury, Stembridge, Hambridge and other nearby settlements, as well as featuring Burrow Hill (home of a famous cider farm), Earnshill House (where Anna [Priddle] Male's parents were once in service), Barrington Court (the first property ever bought by the National Trust in 1907) and the Great Western Railway branch line through Martock (one of hundreds throughout Britain to be axed by Dr.Beeching in the late 1960s).

1930 Map (58K)
Detail from the Ordnance Survey One Inch 1930 Series.


LINKS

Kingsbury Lock-up, illustration copyright 1998 SSDS South Somerset District Council's tourism section has details of how to get to South Somerset, and includes a page about Kingsbury Episcopi with its mediaeval lock-up on the village triangle (left illustration, copyright 1998 S.Somerset DC).

The SSDC towns and villages section also has a separate page about each of South Somerset's parish communities.


Project Home Page